Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dreams


Do you have any dreams?  I sure hope so!  Dreams give us a sense of direction and are exciting to pursue.


Last week, I caught one of Joel Osteen’s sermons on T.V.  It was a very powerful message!  He talked about listening to God’s voice and obeying full speed ahead.  He also talked about praying about your dreams and following through on them instead of saying ‘tomorrow I’ll look into XYZ’.  That got me thinking about my dreams and aspirations…

Some of my dreams or goals include visiting Israel someday;  traveling to Guatemala to visit our Compassion International sponsor child, Mirza; writing a book; starting a ministry; attending the Proverbs 31 “She Speaks” conference in North Carolina in 2013 or 2014; becoming a national speaker; becoming a teacher;  taking a family vacation to Disney World in 2013 or 2015; retiring in the mountains somewhere in Colorado; and ultimately knowing that my kids and all my family members have a strong relationship with Jesus and that we’ll all live in Heaven someday.

I could add a lot more, but those are some of my favorite ones.  I’ll ask you again - what are some of your goals or dreams? 

Can I ask you a favor?  Would you pray for me about a couple of these goals specifically?  I’m toying with the idea of going back to school in a couple of years to become a H.S. teacher and eventually moving on to teach as a professor at a technical or community college.  On the other hand, I’m also praying about the affirmation I received from God this past year in regard to sharing my story.  There are various venues God may want me to use, so I’m praying about attending the “She Speaks” conference which would help me pursue writing a book, starting a ministry and becoming a speaker.  Would you pray for me that God would show me what my future holds and if and when He wants me to seriously pursue these dreams?   First and foremost my highest priority is being a mommy to my two kids.  After that, I’d like to know which path God wants me to follow in regard to my future career.

Speaking of being a mommy – Happy Mother’s Day!  Being a mom is the most influential job you’ll ever have.  And, the mother/child relationship is one of the strongest on the planet.  Don’t forget to honor your mom and tell her how much you love her.  I know I wouldn’t be where I am today without the love and support I’ve gotten from my mom!    

Being a mommy is a blessing:  “Behold, children are a gift of the Lord; the fruit of the womb is a reward.”  Psalm 127:3.  Enjoy your precious gifts tomorrow and don’t forget to dream!

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream…

…all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream!   ;)

“All I Have to Do is Dream” by Everly Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment